Among my core values is personal growth, learning and development to effect continuous improvement – for myself and for my clients.
Recently, I attended One Day to Greatness Live with Jack Canfield. Over the course of many years, Jack has been an important teacher and mentor of mine. His book, The Success Principles, is on my list of Top 10 Favorite Books. I’ve read it multiple times and use it as frequent reference tool.
Even though the material is familiar to me, I was able to derive huge benefit from the experience. Here are some of the reasons:
- Powerful content, such as Jack’s, provides valuable lessons over and over again. Since you are in a different place than you were “last time,” the learning derived is also different. I recognized how dramatically my perspective in certain areas has changed over the years.
- As a speaker, coach and trainer, I find great value in watching how the masters – like Jack – deliver the message. In particular, he uses humor, stories and experiential learning to ensure the best possible outcome for his audience. I aspire to provide this kind of experience and value for my own audiences!
- It is always great to spend a day with like-minded people. The energy in the room was positive and supportive; people were curious about how others are applying these powerful principles to create success for themselves and for clients. I met some awesome people!
- Jack is extremely accessible. He greets participants, takes pictures, gives hugs and always demonstrates a kind, gentle approach to helping people solve their challenges. I especially appreciated the opportunity to give him a copy of my book, Becoming Deliberate: Changing the Game of Leadership from the Inside Out, and thank him for providing the initial inspiration to write it. (When I attended his Breakthrough to Success Program, writing a book was the breakthrough goal I set for myself!)
- The opportunity to spend a day working on me and my business, my vision and goals for the future, was a gift. I was reminded how much one can accomplish in a single day of focused activity and learning. I came away with more clarity and more determination to achieve the next level of performance in my own life, plus more ways to help support my clients’ needs.
Finally, it gave me a chance to gratefully remember and revisit some of the special people I have met through my association with Jack. And I took the opportunity to reach out and remind them that they are special to me.
When was the last time you gave yourself a day like that? I would love to hear about it!
And, if you are interested in creating such a day for your team or organization, click here to schedule a quick 20-minute phone conversation so that I can learn more about your needs and provide a recommendation.
#successprinciples #leadership #personalgrowth #learninganddevelopment #continuousimprovement