This weekend, I am heading to Santa Clara, California for my annual re-certification as a High Performance Coach. I’m looking forward to 5 intensive days of training and learning with other coaches from around the world who are dedicated to helping people excel and succeed above standard norms consistently over the long term.
Having worked through the high performance program several times myself, as well as coaching others through it, I’ve realized at least 5 key benefits to learning how to create a sustainable level of high performance:
- Greater Clarity. According to Buckminster Fuller, “clarity is power” and I couldn’t agree more. When you have clarity about who you are, what you want and where you are headed, the path becomes easier to follow and the distractions are easier to ignore. And the likelihood that you will achieve the outcome you really want increases as well.
- Increased Energy The most consistent complaint I hear from people is “not enough time” to do everything expected or desired. Learning to manage your energy—and how to increase it—provides a better return than trying to manage your time.
- More Courage. The ability to make the tough choices that life requires of us all and to move forward despite the fears and doubts we all face from time to time is a real game-changer. After all, we are not born with courage, but we can learn how to generate it when we need it.
- Greater Productivity. This includes the ability to identify and focus on what’s important and allows you attend to the 20% of effort that creates 80% of the result.
- Higher level of Influence. Leading your own life with more intention and having the ability to impact the lives of others, including team members, coworkers, customers—even family and friends—will ultimately make you more effective at anything you want to accomplish.
Having more clarity, energy, courage, productivity and influence becomes a game-changer for anyone who wants to excel in their career, business or life itself. For me, the opportunity to reconnect with my fellow coaches and refocus on my own personal growth is an opportunity I’m very grateful for.
I am looking forward to my training. My colleagues operate at a high level of energy and with a high level of commitment to performing at their very best. Upon my return, I will be starting up my next high performance group coaching program.
To learn more about high performance coaching, and to find out whether you qualify for the program, click on the button below.